JO 15253 Research and Development Scientist
$50-$70K (can be more depending on experience)
1. Primary contact for key R&D initiatives as outlined by R&D Manager.
2. Major Product Types:
· Caramel Corn.
· Ready to Eat Sweet and Savory Popcorn.
· Microwave Popcorn.
· Popcorn Enrobing and Confectionary Products.
· Newly Defined Products.
o Popcorn Hybrid Selection as it relates to Flavor and Performance.
o Formulation Development on all ingredients.
o Food Science Principles.
o Formulation Marriage with Operations.
§ Process Optimization.
o Customer/Sales Point Person for Product.
3. Major Ingredient Types:
· Oils: Canola, Sunflower, Coconut, Palm, Cottonseed.
· Flavors: All sweet and savory types. Natural and N&A, WONF.
· Seasonings: All sweet and savory.
4. Special Project Management as Outlined by R&D Manager.
· To be determined based on skills and workload.
5. Food Science as it relates to Packaging.
· Artwork Adherence to Government Compliance.
· Nutritional Fact Panel Design and Test Verification.
o Third Party Laboratory.
o Genesis” Program.
· Development in conjunction with Packaging Engineer.
· Shelf-life Determination.
6. Competitive Analysis Program.
· Manage sample preparation and slides for CA Meeting each quarter.
· Design special topics for meeting such as Competitor’s Nutritional Data, etc.
7. Design and Develop Consumer Testing Strategies.
· Work closely with Marketing.
· Work closely with Sales.
· Design Questionnaire with Consumer Research Company.
o Disseminate results to Management with recommendations.
8. Participate and Lead Weekly and Monthly Discussions with Senior Managers.
Minor Duties Include:
· Lab methods and trial development.
· Work closely with Lab Technician.
· Plant trials as related to R&D.
· Hybrid evaluation of harvested popcorn.
· Source alternative suppliers for ingredients.
· Analytical support, working closely with the Quality Department.
· Master’s in Food Science Preferred or Food Engineering, Chemistry or related study.
· 4-8 Years’ Experience Developing Food Products.
· Positive, energetic attitude with a desire to see a project to completion and launch.
Terri Sherman, Vice President-Industrial Foods, Ingredients & Flavors, Tom Sloan & Associates, email@example.com, 920-261-8890
Please reply to position #15253 when responding to this position.