JO 15305 Customer Service
Milwaukee, WI area
Up to $120K plus bonus/relocation assistance
While adhering to company’s mission, vision, and Customer Creed, this position is accountable, directly or through delegation, for supporting all customer service functions in the company to meet the Strategic Business Plan objectives. Effectively lead Customer Service, and work with Production Scheduling, Sales and Purchasing. Ensure that all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as actions that support team work, safety, efficiency, good housekeeping and GMP adherence are communicated and followed.
The Company reserves the right to change or amend the position and essential duties as business necessitates.
· Provide assistance and recommendations to the Vice President of Operating Services as requested for development and execution of company’s Strategic Business Plan and Company objectives.
· Collaborate on and develop the Department Business Plan, taking into consideration the effectiveness of the Company’s whole operation, and include associated impacts and support to other business units.
· Execute and manage the Department Business Plan, and related activities to reliably meet, maintain or exceed Customer Service’s productivity standard, quality specifications, efficiency measures, safety and other performance objectives.
· Communicate the Department Business Plan; ensure employees understand the link to Strategic Business Plan and Company Objectives, and their role in accomplishing these plans.
· Coordinate, oversee and/or lead related department activities, using knowledge of technology, operations, operating methods, and/or process capabilities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Foster a continuous improvement performance culture. Create or redefine, develop and implement innovative and creative continuous improvements and/or new industry processes to improve all operations.
3. Interdisciplinary teams
· Collaborate with external, and internal, customers, suppliers and interdisciplinary teams (such as Product Development, Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing, etc.) to ensure that Customer expectations are met.
· Provide technical assistance in areas of expertise as needed to aid and facilitate other areas in company’s effort and attainment of advancements in diversification, competitive edge, and process and project improvement, and in building a value-based performance and relationship culture.
· Serves as a back-up to Production Scheduling along with Processing and Packaging Managers.
4. Production Scheduling – Provide input to Production Scheduler of anticipated and actual customer ordering needs.
5. Inventory - Assist Warehouse Manager with problem resolution of incomplete and unshipped orders.
6. Customer Service
· Communicate with customers on a planned and scheduled basis and as needed to ensure continuity of information between company’s and the customer about orders.
· Communicate to management issues or new information learned from customers, and serve as liaison and information conduit between company and customers.
· Ensure that all Customer Service paperwork and reports are executed with-on time performance.
7. Customer Information and Analysis
· Support Logistics and Sales by providing timely, accurate and professional communication, service and data to meet the Customer Creed.
· Assist with design and development of databases and other reports needed to gather, manage, analyze and report customer data in a useful and effective measure as needed by sales.
· Consistently monitor customer data and sales, identify trends, gather and disseminate information to ensure all affected areas know current status. Correct inconsistencies as appropriate.
· Where known, identify situations before they affect timely delivery and customer wait times.
· Identify and communicate variances between forecasted and actual sales on a per account basis.
· Participate in new item set-up and changes to existing items, and new item meetings.
· Update and provide.
§ Daily order and shipment reports for daily meetings.
§ Monthly analysis of on-time shipments and complete shipments performance.
§ Sales and Demand forecasting, inputs and activities.
· Collaborate with Accounting on short payments by customers to clarify reasons and resolve disputes.
· Develop, update and implement customer service processes and SOP.
9. Staffing, Team Development
With Human Resources, recruit and hire staff.
§ Develop and effectively communicate performance standards, goals, objectives and processes; train, mentor, motivate and counsel to optimize performance, personal growth and build leadership capability. Direct, assign, and monitor work; develop team members.
§ Ensure department personnel remain current on all necessary technologies, using internal expertise and external resources (e.g., seminars, consultants) for training and updating.
§ Implement and use On boarding protocol process for direct reports and monitor delegated follow up to ensure new hires are welcomed, acclimated, trained, tested, and provided feedback and guidance.
· Oversee and ensure appropriate in-house training of groups or individuals. Plan, promote, organize and perform training activities to ensure each employee consistently produces quality and reliable results
Effectively and professionally communicate with internal or external customers.
Nurture and maintain both technical and non-technical customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and to be a positive influence to grow the business.
Build and enhance relationships with customers and vendors, related services and suppliers, and government regulators and/or regulatory agencies.
11. Food and Personnel Safety
· Ensure compliance with company’s safety rules, GMPs, kosher requirements, quality specifications, AIB guidelines, OSHA standards, FDA, EPA and DNR or other applicable laws, regulations and codes.
· Implement and enforce personal safety training and other activities or procedures to ensure and maintain a safe facility for both people and company’s products.
12. Ensure work is performed appropriately.
13. Arrive punctually on scheduled work days to assure continuous work flow.
14. Deliver key measurables in a timely, professional and ethical method to ensure and protect the Company’s professional image.
15. Protect team members and company safety and security through reporting and stopping occurrences such as damage to product and/or property, theft, product tampering and questionable behavior.
16. Be a positive leader. Lead by example.
17. Serve as a back-up to other managerial functions.
18. Some travel is required.
Management reserves the right to waive requirements(s) on a case-by-case review.
· An education generally equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in a related field from a four-year college or university plus 5+ years of related supervisory and/or leadership experience in a team-based continuous improvement food manufacturing environment. A master’s degree is preferred. Successful application of First-In-First-Out (FIFO) and lean manufacturing concepts is a plus.
· Clear and professional spoken and written communication skills are required. Must be able to speak and/or write clearly and to effectively communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Strong English language competency is a must. Bilingual is a plus.
· Able to effectively write reports and business correspondence based on the needs of the audience, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, customers, vendor contractors and regulatory or government representatives as well as with other employees in the organization.
· Able to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations, and to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as proportions, percent, and volume. Proficient in applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical and abstract situations, and working with mathematical concepts such as basic algebra.
· Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Experienced using scientific methodologies to solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Computer proficient sufficient to effectively access, retrieve and compose documents and/or spreadsheets using MS Excel and Word, and e-mail, and proficient with the functional area’s computerized programs, reports and integrated ERP system in the manufacturing environments.
· Able to make sound business decisions.
· Experience focusing attention on and attaining continuous improvement
· Experienced in developing ROI and project management.
Terri Sherman, Vice President-Industrial Foods, Ingredients & Flavors, Tom Sloan & Associates, firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-261-8890
Please reply to position #15305 when responding to this position.