POSITION AVAILABLE - #15118
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager
This position is responsible for management of the quality control
functions and quality control personnel for labeling and production.
Responsible to carry out the policies of the company to produce a high
quality product consistent with customer specifications and government regulations.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as
well as Company Policy and Procedures related to food safety and quality
are followed at all times.
• Ensure the proper application of 21 CFR 113 for thermal processing
of low acid canned foods including proper equipment, proper calibration
for CCP monitoring equipment, proper application of the filed scheduled process, etc.
• Ensure updated and proper application of all SSOPs, bacteriological
monitoring and investigation, and sanitation inspections.
• Ensure the maintenance of all quality control programs, procedures,
documentation, and statistical records including X-Bar Charts.
• Review all daily processing records to ensure compliance to 21 CFR
110, 21 CFR 113, customer specifications, Company Policy, etc.
• Determine the quality level of product and assign grades based
on Company Policy and Procedures.
• Assist in FDA, USDA, State, Third Party, internal, and customer audits and inspections.
• Communicate real-time quality data to all affected departments to ensure
customer specifications are continuously met.
• Thoroughly investigate and respond to customer complaints on a timely basis.
• Ensure proper management of the plant held product, storage condition,
and quality of labeling, packaging, and shipping operations.
• Ensure employees maintain work areas in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
• Notify General Manager immediately if any unsafe or potentially
hazardous conditions are discovered.
• May perform other duties as assigned by the General Managers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• A Food Science degree or Technical courses in Chemistry, Bacteriology
or a related field, with three or more years of practical experience or a
combination of both. A knowledge of vegetable canning/ freezing is preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
Please contact David Sloan 920-261-8890